Update: We will not be meeting for the Book Club this Monday April 24.
We may meet next Monday. I will keep you posted.
Galatians 6:5-10 says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
Will You Be a Christian?
Whatever we sow (or plant) in our lives, that will we reap (or harvest). This is a spiritual law.
So you need to know who you want to be in your future–so you can start planting the seeds that will get you there!
For example, do you want to be a Christian? Because if you do, you need to be planting spiritual seeds (reading the Bible, praying, worshiping, OBEYING). If you don’t plant these things in your life don’t be surprised when you end up unrighteous and FAR from the Lord.
If you wanted to be a Christian, but you were sowing seeds of the flesh (sinful nature), you are going to reap corruption. You can’t sow to the flesh, and reap righteousness. You can’t ignore the Bible and fill up your mind with TV, movies, secular music, worldly books and magazines–and overflow with Christ.
It is a spiritual law.
You are all home-schooled through the church, so you are being raised in a Christian environment. But that doesn’t mean that you are all Christian.
You might not have as much freedom right now to be an individual as other kids who go to school, and that is okay. You are still moving towards independence, as you grow up.
Because soon you will need to choose for yourself who you are going to be.
Jesus is calling out to you, “Come to me…”
Are you going to choose to follow Him and be His disciple? He says, “If anyone wants to be My disciple, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow Me.”
Are you willing? The rich young ruler wasn’t.
But you do need to know that you can no longer piggy back on the faith of your parents. You must decide for yourself to follow Him, or decide not to. But don’t be deceived, we are not truly saved if we are just pretending to be Christian, because our parents want us to.
You either love Him or you don’t. No pretending!
Aside from your faith, who else are you going to be when you grow up?
- Do you want to get married?
- Have children?
- Travel the mission field?
- Go to outer space?
- Work at Disneyland?
- Track great white sharks in the ocean?
- Climb into volcanoes to study the earth?
- Do you want to travel the world taking pictures?
- Do you want to be a professional, yo-yo master?
- Do you want to teach the Bible?
- Do you want to share your faith?
- Do you want to adopt a baby that needs a loving home?
- Do you want to go to college?
- Do you want to work at a donut shop?
- Do you want to live at the beach or in the desert?
- Do you want a pet iguana?
- Do you want to wear high waisted jeans no deodorant?
- Do you want to learn how to cook?
- Do you want to live on your own?
- Do you want to live with your parents?
- Do you want to join the military?
- Do you want to pilot an airplane?
- Do you want to have a cat or a dog?
- Do you want to live in a big city or a quiet suburban neighborhood?
- Do you want to go see plays, museums, orchestra’s?
- Do you want to collect toys, but call them figurines so you don’t feel like a kid?
- Do you want to write a book?
- Will you brush your teeth before bed even when your mom isn’t telling you to?
- Will you change your sheets once a week?
- Will you be clean or cluttered?
Who will you be? Who do you want to be?
If we apply the spiritual truth of reaping what you sow to your future, then what are you going to need to do to get where you want to be?
Write a simple 5 paragraph essay (MLA format) describing what your future will look like (job, home, location, dreams, lifestyle, etc.) and include some insight in the conclusion about what steps you need to take to make it happen. (Due Friday)
This is for YOU to decide. Isn’t that exciting? Your parents have been raising you as a little birdie in the nest, but when you grow up they want you to fly on your own. You need to become independent. They will be there to help you a little bit, and pray for you, and love you– but don’t think it is their job to decide your future for you. God gave that job to YOU. Thank Jesus for that. And include Him in your life, let Him lead you and direct you to the best path. If I was going to England, I would want a tour guide to show me around. They know the best way and the best sights. Same with Jesus. He knows the best way to get you to where you need to be. He led Israel out of Egypt with mighty signs and a strong hand and He brought them through a wilderness where He fed them manna, and gave them water from a rock, before leading them into a land flowing with milk and honey. Trust Him. Love Him for real, not JUST because your parents want you to. Get to know Him for real. ❤