Your journal topics are listed on the Journal Topic page.
This week please review Lesson 15 from last weeks History Unit. It is the Bible lesson that discusses the Great Awakening. It will bring up George Whitefield, John Wesley, and Jonathan Edwards. Your homework is listed below.
Monday–“Sinners in the Hands of An Angry God”
Write a paragraph comparing the two sermon excerpts, then write a paragraph contrasting them.
- Select a topic–You can pick any topic to argue!!! If you can’t think of any good topics here is a link to 101 topics for a persuasive essay–have at it!!!
- So make sure you picked a topic, okay?
- Then, begin taking notes on both sides of the argument
Read these quotes from George Whitefield (click on the name) and these quotes from John Wesley (click on the name). Pick your favorite from each preacher, then copy and paste it into the comment section below, along with a sentence telling me why you liked them. This is due Thursday night at 11:59 pm. It is worth 10 points.
Then watch the video above one more time.
- Make a tree map (like in the video)
- Write a “thesis statement”
Read Sample Student Essay
Then write your rough draft (should take about an hour and a half).
***Please bring the following items to class on Friday (10/10)
- Your compare/contrast paragraphs from Monday (10 points)
- Your tree map (10 points)
- Your Thesis statement (10 points)
- Your persuasive essay rough draft (50 points)
- Your Scarlet Letter essay from last week (100 points)